CLEVELAND (June 25, 2014) – A century ago, our founders established the Cleveland Museum of Art “for the benefit of all the people forever.” Gay Games 9 – “The Games for All” – exemplifies our mission of inclusion and access to the arts for all. The Cleveland Museum of Art is proud to be a community partner of Gay Games 9 and is pleased to host Night Before 9: Out in Art on Friday night, August 8. The museum will welcome participants from around the globe, their families and other guests for an evening of celebration, culture and camaraderie the night before the Games begin.
The featured performance at the Cleveland Museum of Art’s Night Before 9: Out in Art, will be ESCORT, a powerful party “disco orchestra” that boasts an incredible cast of musicians who create dance music the old fashioned way: with impeccable production, musicianship and songwriting. Acclaimed by the New York Times and Pitchfork, the group has developed a reputation as one of New York's most compelling live acts, capable of performing their elaborate recordings note for note.
The Cleveland Museum of Art’s Night Before 9: Out in Art event details:
- August 8, 2014 from 8:00 p.m. to midnight
- Ambassador tickets: $100/per person – include food and beverages (VIP area)
- General admission: $25/per person – food and beverages available for purchase
- World-class entertainment and dancing all evening
- All galleries will be open throughout the evening (museum closed to the public)
- Museum store will remain open until 11:00 p.m.
- The Cleveland Museum of Art’s Night Before 9: Out in Art is for adults 18 +. Tickets will go on sale June 30 and are available at www.clevelandart.org