Museum Announces the Wedding Picture Project
The Cleveland Museum of Art's beautiful grounds have long been one of the city's most popular destinations for wedding photographs. Beginning this Valentine's Day, the public is invited to submit a photograph taken on museum grounds from their own, or a relative's wedding day or commitment ceremony and be entered into a drawing to win a romantic weekend for two in University Circle. Select photographs will be included in the museum's archives as well as on the museum's blog and Facebook page.
The Wedding Picture Project begins Monday, Feb. 14 with the prize drawing* on Monday, March 14, 2011. The museum will continue to accept photographs to add to the Wedding Picture Project after the closing date, but those submissions will not be included in the drawing.
Digital Scanning Weekend:
If a digital image is not available, the public can bring a print photograph to the museum between 12 and 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 26 or Sunday, February 27, and museum staff will scan the photograph.
Weekend prize package includes:
- A private, guided tour of on-view highlights of the museum's permanent collection;
- Dinner for two at L'Albatros;
- An overnight stay in a vintage suite at Glidden House;
- Tickets for Sunday visitation to another University Circle institution (winner's choice);
- A framed photograph of the winner and significant other taken by a Cleveland Museum of Art photographer; and
- Transportation to and from these destinations by Company Car & Limousine.
E-mail the photograph as a .jpg or .gif file to WeddingPictureProject [at] ClevelandArt.org. Copy and paste the below list into the email, filling out all required fields.
- Names of both partners:
- Date of wedding/commitment ceremony (MM/DD/YY):
- Telephone number:
- Name of photographer and contact info (if known):
- By submitting this image, I, ______________ permit the Cleveland Museum of Art to use the submitted photograph on Facebook and the Cleveland Museum of Art's blog and website.
- Share a personal story about the romance and/or the wedding/commitment day.
Contact the Cleveland Museum of Art at WeddingPictureProject [at] ClevelandArt.org or The Cleveland Museum of Art, Marketing Department, 11150 East Boulevard, Cleveland OH 44106
*Terms and Conditions:
- One photograph may be entered per person.
- Entrants must be over 18 to participate.
- To be entered into the drawing, photographs must be received by midnight on Monday, March 14, 2011.
- Employees of the museum and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to win.
- By submitting entrant declares that he/she holds the copyright to the photograph and has the right to distribute the image.
- By emailing a photograph to WeddingPictureProject [at] ClevelandArt.org, entrant authorizes the Cleveland Museum of Art to: use all entered photographs for any museum use (including but not limited to educational, archival, and promotional uses in perpetuity); crop or manipulate photograph; and use entrant's name as the creator of the entry. Entrant maintains all other rights to the image.
- The museum retains the sole discretion over the inclusion of, and decision not to include, any particular entry in archives and online.
- The winner will be selected at random and will be notified within 2 business days of selection.
- The winner must respond within 5 business days of notification, or an alternate winner will be selected.
- The prize weekend will take place on a mutually agreed weekend during April.
- Gratuity and alcohol are not included in the meal at L'Albatros.
- By submitting a photograph to the Wedding Picture Project, entrant agrees to these terms.
# # #
About the Cleveland Museum of Art
The Cleveland Museum of Art is renowned for the quality and breadth of its collection, which includes almost 45,000 objects and spans 6,000 years of achievement in the arts. The museum is a significant international forum for exhibitions, scholarship, performing arts and art education and recently completed an ambitious, multi-phase renovation and expansion project across its campus. One of the top comprehensive art museums in the nation and free of charge to all, the Cleveland Museum of Art is located in the dynamic University Circle neighborhood.
The Cleveland Museum of Art is supported by a broad range of individuals, foundations and businesses in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio. The museum is generously funded by Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. Additional support comes from the Ohio Arts Council, which helps fund the museum with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. In 2014, the museum was awarded a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator, the nation’s most-utilized independent evaluator of charities and nonprofits. For more information about the museum, its holdings, programs and events, call 888-CMA-0033 or visit www.ClevelandArt.org