Part of a set. See all set records
Polished red stoneware, silver-gilt mounts
Overall: 15.9 x 9.6 cm (6 1/4 x 3 3/4 in.)
Purchase from the J. H. Wade Fund 1951.451
About 1708, as a by-product of his efforts to produce porcelain, Böttger developed a fine red stoneware, so hard that it could be polished on a lapidary's wheel--as was the body of this small bottle. Red stoneware was part of the usual production of the Meissen factory during its first decade.
The information about this object, including provenance information, is based on historic information and may not be currently accurate or complete. Research on objects is an ongoing process, but the information about this object may not reflect the most current information available to CMA. If you notice a mistake or have additional information about this object, please email email@example.com.
To request more information about this object, study images, or bibliography, contact the Ingalls Library Reference Desk.
Is something not working on this page? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a digital file from Image Services that is not available through CC0, a detail image, or any image with a color bar.