The Cleveland Museum of Art is pleased to present the acquisition of a monumental sculpture by American artist Jim Hodges (born 1957) commissioned for the museum’s Donna and Stewart Kohl Sculpture Garden. The garden is located on the museum’s east lawn, near East Boulevard, and was created as part of the renovation and new construction of the CMA. The museum's Associate Curator of Contemporary Art, Reto Thüring, discusses the work in this blog post.
Blogs with tag: installation
Fragments of the Invisible marks the American debut of 34 works of Central African art acquired in 2010 by the Cleveland Museum of Art from the Belgian couple René and Odette Delenne. Many of the works that make up this transformative acquisition have never before been published nor displayed, until the exhibition opens on Sunday, October 27, 2013.
The Cleveland Museum of Art's installation of Sicily: Art and Invention Between Greece and Rome is well underway...