More Than Just Music at Summer Solstice Party
While you may have heard all about this year’s musical acts (and, if you haven’t, you really should check them out in this online video preview), there’s more fun to be had at our second Summer Solstice Party this Saturday, June 19. We’ve got prizes galore to give away through our scavenger hunt, fun and fact-filled express gallery talks, and featured fashions designed by local students and inspired by our collections.
Win big in our scavenger hunt
Competitive party-goers can get their kicks (and win prizes) during our special scavenger hunt! Before you head out, here are some guidelines:
- The scavenger hunt can be completed in groups of two to six, with one team leader;
- The team leader is responsible for sending contact information and subsequent submissions via e-mail;
- No photographs are permitted in our contemporary galleries; and
- Please do not bring any food or drinks into the galleries.
An array of prizes for the scavenger hunt features options from local restaurants, hotels, and entertainment venues, including:
- $150 dinner voucher from Table 45;
- Free, one-night stay at the Marriott Downtown Cleveland at Key Center, with complimentary breakfast and parking; and
- Two lawn tickets to a Cleveland Orchestra concert at Blossom Music Center.
Learn more about the scavenger hunt and how to win during the festivities at our Summer Solstice Party.
Learn from our gallery talks
As you explore our new galleries, you may find yourself wondering “What’s the story behind this piece?” During our Summer Solstice Party, our “Did You Know” volunteers will be there to tell you.
During the Twilight portion of the event, our education staff volunteers will be ready to chat with curious party-goers about a variety of objects on display in the new galleries.
We’d love to share fun stories and little-known facts with you, so don’t be shy. Be on the lookout for our volunteers with “Did You Know” badges, and ask a question!
Check out gallery-inspired fashion
Other exciting additions to our galleries for the Summer Solstice Party fall in the realm of fashion. Students from Virginia Marti College of Art and Design and the Kent State University School of Fashion Design and Merchandising have been issued a challenge: create a costume inspired by the toga.
Students will model their final products in the galleries during the party. Make sure to stop in the galleries to see their creations.
To learn more about this year’s Summer Solstice Party or to purchase tickets, visit our web site.
4 days 17 hours ago
6 days 17 hours ago
1 week 4 days ago
1 week 6 days ago
2 weeks 1 day ago