This Week at CMA: 7/14-7/19
Photo by Brian Cross/B+ (Mochilla)
It's a busy week here at CMA and we have events going on for everyone. From your tiniest tot to adults with all interests, we have something for everyone!
- Wednesday (7/15) marks our second #CMAcitystage in Ohio City for the 2015 season. This week we will be featuring Ondatrópica, a Colombian fusion band meant to "explore and expand the tropical sound of Colombia in its rawest form and to marry it with the cool sound of London". The FREE event starts tomorrow at 7:30 PM. http://www.clevelandart.org/events/music-and-performances/ondatr%C3%B3pica?date=2015-07-15
- Thursday (7/16) is this month's Art Bites at 12:30 PM or on Friday at 6 PM. The 30 minute or less talk will be centered around the pop culture theme of "House of Cards". Meet at the information desk in the atrium.
- Friday (7/17) is a busy day for the museum with multiple events to choose from:
- Celebrate summer and fun with our Family Game Night's Atrium Block Party! There will be Museum Twister, a Giant Maze to find your way through and so much more. The fun starts at 5:30 PM and goes
until 8:00 PM. More details on tickets: http://www.clevelandart.org/events/other/family-game-night?date=2015-07-17
> Friday (7/17): "Slant Rhymes: The Photographs of Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb", a joint artist talk presenting the duos seperate and collaborated work. Starting at 6:30 PM in our Recital hall
> Saturday (7/18): "Finding Your Vision" workshop session
- Saturday (7/18): Yoga at the Museum concentrating on the body and posing, presented by the Atma Center. For more info for how you can join in on the relaxation: http://www.clevelandart.org/events/other/yoga-museum?date=2015-07-18
Last but most certainly not least we have:
- Sunday (7/19): The opening of our new exhibit, Muhammad Shah's Royal Persian Tent, featuring the spectacular imperial tent of Muhammad Shah of the Qajar Dynasty. Come be amazed by its intricate detailing and colors.
Royal Round Tent Made for Muhammad Shah (ruled 1834–48). Iran, Rasht, Qajar period (1779–1925). Interior: Plain weave: inlaid work, wool; embroidery: chain stitch, silk; tape, leather, rope. Exterior: Plain weave: cotton; iron ring, rope; h: 360 cm, diam: 400 cm. The Cleveland Museum of Art, Purchase from the J. H. Wade Fund
We can't wait to see you here this week!
Tori Laser is a junior at John Carroll University studying art history with a focus on communications. She is interning this summer in the Communications and Marketing Department at the Cleveland Museum of Art.
2 months 2 weeks ago
This Week at CMA: Listening Session: Heritage: Wadsworth and Jae Jarrell, Third Coast Percussion, Meditation in the Galleries2 months 2 weeks ago
This Week at CMA: MIX: Soul, Curator Talk: Brett Weston, FINAL WEEK: Fashionable Mourners, CMA at TS: Eating Atom Bombs2 months 3 weeks ago
This Week at CMA: OPEN NOW: Dana Schutz: Eating Atom Bombs, Brett Weston: Photographs, FINAL WEEKS: Fashionable Mourners3 months 2 days ago
This Week at CMA: Dana Schutz: Eating Atom Bombs, In Conversation: Dana Schutz & Nell Painter, Brett Weston: Photographs3 months 1 week ago