5 Reasons Why You Should Download ArtLens 2.0 NOW
ArtLens 2.0, an enhanced version of the CMA’s award-winning collection app, combines innovative tech with a wealth of interpretive content, making for a must-have digital companion to the CMA’s world-class collection. Best of all, the app is available for download NOW. In addition to the app’s already existing features allowing users to scan select artworks for more info and create personalized tours, see below for 5 reasons why you should get this app today:
- Faster & More User-Friendly design: With a 30 second download time and reduced app size (ArtLens 2.0 is now the size of Snapchat), the new version of ArtLens is a quick and easy way to immerse yourself in the CMA’s world-class collection while visiting the museum or from home. Additionally, visitors who want to connect to the CMA’s collection wall can now do so via Bluetooth, making the synch seamless.
- No More Asking ”Which Gallery is this?”: ArtLens 2.0 includes a reconceived museum map with galleries now grouped and color-coded by theme, and an overview for each space. Interested in a specific piece? Visitors will now be able to push the “Find Me” button at any time to find any artwork’s exact location in the museum, making museum navigation a breeze.
- Up-to-date info: ArtLens 2.0 includes a high-definition image and object information about every artwork on display in the museum, updated in real time. New content will be added on an ongoing basis.
- “How About This?”: Interested in a specific piece, but not sure what else to see? ArtLens 2.0 will now suggest nearby artworks that might be of interest based on the artwork selected.
- CMA Daily Snapshot: Not sure what else to do with your visit to the CMA? This feature will provide a daily snapshot of exhibitions and events occurring at the museum, as well as the location of restrooms, restaurants and exits.
ArtLens 2.0 is available for free download to iPads or iPhones running iOS9 or higher, or an Android device (4.4+), from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. Once ArtLens is downloaded, simply launch the app. If ArtLens was downloaded prior to May 25, 2016, users must update the app.
1 day 12 hours ago
3 days 13 hours ago
This Week at CMA: Heritage: Wadsworth and Jae Jarrell Opening Reception, Jazz Café Performances, James Van Der Zee’s Portraiture5 days 14 hours ago
1 week 1 day ago
1 week 3 days ago