Free, no tickets required
Young artists from the Cleveland Institute of Music perform works by J. S. Bach, Frescobaldi, Mendelssohn, F. Amosov, and L. Hugues for solo violin, harpsichord, cello, flute duo, and string quartet.
J. S. BACH (1685–1750)
Adagio and Fuga from Sonata No. 1 in G Minor, S.1001
Performed by Jieming Tang, violin
* * *
GIROLAMO FRESCOBALDI (1583–1643)
Toccata Terza from Toccate ... Libro Primo (1612)
Capriccio sopra La Bassa Fiamenga from Il Primo Libro di Capricci (1625)
Performed by Qin Ying Tan, harpsichord
* * *
FELIX MENDELSSOHN (1809–1847)
String Quartet No. 3, Op. 44, No. 1 in D Major
I: Molto allegro vivace
Performed by Thibier String Quartet
Paul Kim, Michael Duffett, violin
Jossalyn Jensen, viola • Nathan Watts, cello
* * *
J. S BACH
Allemande from Suite No. 6 for cello
FEDOR AMOSOV (b. 1988)
Fantasy in a Folk style for cello solo
Performed by Fedor Amosov, cello
* * *
LOUIS HUGUES (1836–1913)
“La Scuola Del Flauto”
2. Andante mosso
3. Allegro moderato
Performed by Jeiran Hasan and Kimberly Zaleski, flute
About the Performers
- Jieming Tang (violin), from Hefei, Anhui Province, China, is a student in his third year of the Junior Young Artist Program and a freshman at St. Ignatius High School; he studies with Jaime Laredo.
- Qin Ying Tan (harpsichord), from Singapore, is in the first year of doctoral studies with Peter Bennett.
- Paul Kim (violin), from Seattle, Washington, is a junior in the studio of William Preucil.
- Michael Duffett (violin), from Cape Town, South Africa, is a junior in the studio of CIM President Joel Smirnoff.
- Jossalyn Jensen (viola), from Salt Lake City, Utah, is a junior in the studio of Jeffrey Irvine.
- Nathan Watts (cello), from Oaklyn, New Jersey, is a junior in the studio of Stephen Geber.
- Fedor Amosov (cello), from Moscow, Russia, is in his second year of studies in the Master of Music degree, studying with Stephen Geber.
- Jeiran Hasan (flute), from Baku, Azerbaijan, is a flutist in her fourth year of studies in the BM/MM overlap program, studying with Joshua Smith and Mary Kay Fink.
- Kimberly Zaleski (flute), from Garrison, New York, is a flutist in her second year of studies in the Master of Music degree, studying with Joshua Smith.