Participate as a School or Community Group
Please contact the community arts office if you are considering participation as a group; call 216-707-2483 or email commartsinfo [at] clevelandart.org.
Free workshops in parade skills are open to leaders of school or community groups preparing entries for Parade the Circle on June 10, 2017. Workshops begin March 7 at the parade studio.
Requirements and Options
- Follow required parade guidelines. Groups are not required to follow the theme, but may find it helpful.
- Attend leadership training workshops, if interested (one or two persons per organization per session). These free workshops, held in March and April, are strongly recommended for groups new to parade participation. Attend movement session in June.
- Optional consultation with Robin VanLear, Artistic Director, Parade the Circle, and/or Debbie Apple-Presser, Parade Outreach Coordinator. Recommended for new groups. Special consultations at leadership training.
- Register by Sunday, May 21, 2017 to be listed in printed program. Forms available in May. Register by Tuesday, June 6, for parade wristbands and privileges. All registration fees include parade entry.
- We set parade fees as low as we can and ask each group to pay a bit. If even these rates present a hardship to your group, please call as soon as possible before you begin work to discuss special arrangements.
- Send one representative to required group leader meeting Tuesday, June 6, 7:00 p.m.
OPTION 1: ON YOUR OWN
- Pay $5/child or student and $10/adult registration fee for each parade participant (including parents, volunteers, and staff).
- Create ensemble at your site, utilizing your staff or volunteers.
- Purchase parade materials from museum, if interested.
OPTION 2: AT WORKSHOPS
- Register your organization for public workshops held at the museum.
- Basic workshops begin May 5, 2017
Fridays, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Saturdays, 1:30–4:30 p.m.
Sundays, 1:30–4:30 p.m.
- The workshop space is also available for you to work on your own at other scheduled times.
- Minimum charge per organization: $200 (for first 4 participants); $30 each additional person.
These fees cover those working in basic workshop, and include parade registration. Stilt purchases for stilt-dancing workshops require additional fees.
- Basic parade materials are included in the fee.
For more information, call 216-707-2483 or email commartsinfo [at] clevelandart.org.