Support the Transformation
As we enter the final stretch of our ambitious renovation and expansion project, we are excited to announce the official call for the public's support. Transformation: The Campaign for the Cleveland Museum of Art asks all members of the museum family to reserve their place in our history by making a contribution that will help us to achieve our goal.
Take a moment to read Transformation Highlights below. For the reasons listed and more we ask you to be a part of it all and help complete the museum's Transformation!
- An increase of 33 percent in gallery space, with enhanced interpretation of the collection through state-of-the-art technology as well as installations that engage the first-time visitor and the long-time devotee
- A rededication of the Breuer building to its original mission of education with renovated classrooms, lecture and performance halls, and distance learning studios
- Restored integrity of the 1916 building including upgraded mechanical structural systems with the latest environmental controls throughout
- Gallery One, a 12,000-square-foot interactive learning center
- The new 39,000-square-foot, glass-enclosed atrium—Cleveland's largest free public space
- An expansion to the east and west with two new wings, restoring symmetry and providing spectacular views of Rockefeller Park
- Fine dining at Provenance, a 76-seat restaurant and lounge, as well as Provenance Café
- A clearer circulation path for visitors and the establishment of a strong axis with the 1916 and Breuer buildings at its foundation
- Improved and expanded special exhibition spaces that will make Cleveland a desirable destination for preeminent loan exhibitions, bringing the best art from around the world to the people of our region
- An enhanced and more inviting presence for the museum, emphasizing our pivotal role as a cultural and creative epicenter for the Northeast Ohio community
There are many ways to participate financially in the building project campaign and at all levels of giving. For more information on contributing to the campaign, contact campaign [at] clevelandart.org.