¡Te Toca A Ti!
¡Te Toca A Ti! is a Spanish language competition videoconference in which student teams compete. With works of art as visual prompts, participants practice their speaking skills by using complete sentences to describe and respond to what they see. This is an ideal extension to the museum's Spanish Art program or can be used as a stand-alone activity to enhance conversational ability.
Please note - this program is conducted entirely in Spanish, and it is most suitable for advanced Spanish learners.
- Students are divided into teams, and the museum instructor explains the rules of the competition.
- Students examine artworks by various Spanish artists, for a short (timed) period.
- When the time is up, each team must say as many sentences in Spanish as possible, describing the work they saw.
- Teams are scored on vocabulary and grammar in Spanish.
- Students will learn to express feelings and emotions about the works of art in Spanish.
- Students will identify important elements of the works of art in Spanish.
- Students will describe the paintings using appropriate vocabulary.
- Students will engage in conversation, listen, and respond to prompts in Spanish.