The museum's Teen CO•OP gives teens a chance to express their creative ideas and change your experience at the museum. We are high school students from in and around Cleveland, and we like to make and enjoy art. We want to give you something by teens, for teens. Look for us at the art museum throughout the year in Gallery One, around the galleries, and leading Art Stories story time.
CO•OP members work on projects like the teen guide, gallery programming, and video content. Teens will train to work in one of two programs:
- Art Stories, for children ages 3 to 5, explores themes through artworks, books, and group activities. Create and lead your own program.
- Gallery Hosts welcome and help visitors navigate Gallery One and its interactive features. Learn to speak with visitors of all ages about art.
- Summer orientation from June 16–27, 2014
- Participation in the July 13 Second Sunday
- 4–6 hours each month throughout the school year (schedules determined individually)
High school students are invited to apply. Teens should be in grades 9–11 at the time of application. Preference will be given to teens with exceptional communication skills.
Applications are due on Monday, April 21, 2014. Required materials:
- Completed application form. Download here.
- One recommendation letter from a teacher, coach, or other adult (not a family member), mailed directly to:
Teen CO•OP C/O Patty Edmonson
Cleveland Museum of Art
Department of Education & Interpretation
11150 East Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44106
If contacted, teens will complete an interview at the museum. For more information, please contact Patty Edmonson at pedmonson [at] clevelandart [dot] org.