Become part of the Gallery One team and train to work alongside museum professionals. Teens will specialize in one of two programs:
- Art Stories, for children ages 3 to 5, explores themes through artworks, books, and group activities. Create and lead a program, and help us evaluate it.
- Gallery Hosts welcome and help visitors navigate Gallery One and its interactive features. Students will learn to speak with visitors of all ages about art.
- Mandatory summer orientation from June 18–28, 2013
- Participation in the July 14 Second Sunday (family day)
- 4–6 hours each month throughout the school year (schedules determined individually)
High school students are invited to apply. Teens should be in grades 9–11 at the time of application. Preference will be given to teens with exceptional communication skills.
Applications are due on Monday, April 15. Required materials:
- Completed application form with essay question: Found here
- One recommendation letter from a teacher, coach, or other adult (not a family member)
- Materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Teen CO•OP in the subject line, or mailed directly to:
Teen CO•OP C/O Patty Edmonson
Cleveland Museum of Art
Department of Education & Interpretation
11150 East Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44106
If contacted, teens will complete an interview at the museum. For more information, please contact Patty Edmonson at email@example.com.