About Gallery Explorations
- Tours are conducted by volunteer docents trained by staff in the Department of Public and Academic Engagement. Available tour topics can be found here.
- We strive to provide strong connections to your classroom curriculum. Please note that you may not be able to visit the works of art you’ve used in your classroom; docents and staff will try to incorporate requested works or similar ones on the guided tour. You are welcome to book a self-guided tour following your guided tour to visit artworks on your own.
- Customized tours led by staff members can be booked for an additional fee pending scheduling availability.
- Gallery Explorations are free of charge. To help the museum support its education programs, schools will receive an invoice with a $5 per student suggested donation. Any donation you contribute helps to ensure equitable learning opportunities for all.
- An adult chaperone for every 10 students must accompany each group.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and must be booked online. This also applies to self-guided tours.
- Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Self-guided groups are welcome to schedule tours in the permanent collection and ARTLENS gallery beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Only pencils, not pens, may be used in the galleries.
- Backpacks and radios are not permitted in the galleries.
- Homeschool groups: Please select from the following grade level groupings and indicate your selection on your online registration form (elementary, K−3; middle grades, 4−8; or high school, 9−12). Our school tour formats can accommodate a maximum range of three to four grade levels at a time.
- Homeschool groups: The maximum number of individuals in one group is 20, including adults and children. Larger groups should book multiple tour slots.
- Please note that lunch spaces at the museum are extremely limited. You must indicate a need for lunch space when completing your online registration form. These few areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Assigned lunch timeslots are 30 minutes and available between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Because multiple schools use our lunch commons, please allow 25 minutes maximum to enjoy your lunch and to depart on time.
- To help prepare your students for their upcoming visit, please view A Visit to the Museum, a social story and guide.
- Please allow at least four weeks’ notice when scheduling your preferred date through the online registration form. For more information, call 216-707-2665.
Displaying 1 - 0 of 0