Lessons are available Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Presentations range from 40–60 minutes, depending on your class period. Lessons are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Complete the online registration form, providing all requested information. An email acknowledgement will be sent to you within 5–7 business days.
Once your program is confirmed, a Teacher Information Packet will be sent to help your class prepare for the videoconference. (Many of the Teacher Information Packets can be downloaded anytime from our website, but select packets must be mailed.)
Standard videoconference: $135 Foreign Language or other special presenter lesson: $165
Multi-points: $75 per each extra site
6 or more videoconferences per school year: $120 (excludes outside presenter lessons)
Registrations through MAGPI (NJ, PA, DE): $120
Impressionism program from the Cleveland Museum of Art: $120, when you also register for the Cleveland Institute of Music’s Introduction to Impressionism
We have some scholarships available for low-wealth school districts. If 30% (or more) of your students receive free or reduced lunches, please contact us for more information on the scholarship policy. You can reach Dale Hilton at 216-707-2491, or dhilton [at] clevelandart.org.
- Once the online registration form is fully completed, an email confirmation will be sent within 7–10 business days.
- Payment is due in full on receipt of e-mailed confirmation and must be received within 30 days of registration.
- Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and US $ denominated checks accepted.
- Payment should be made out and returned to: The Cleveland Museum of Art, Distance Learning, 11150 East Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106
- Include your museum invoice number with all payments.
Groups canceling 48 hours in advance or due to school closings may reschedule programs at no additional cost. There are no refunds on scheduled programs. All rescheduling is subject to availability. For cancellations, please call 216-707-2688.
Charges apply for videoconferences missed for the following reasons:
- Failure to provide at least 48 hours notice of a cancellation
- Connecting later than 15 minutes after scheduled start time
- Technical or administrative problems on the clients end that prevent transmission of the videoconference
- In the event of weather related closings, if client does not reschedule a make-up session by the end of the school year. Following up on this matter is the responsibility of the school or group, and not the museum.
- Please be aware that when there is a sudden cancellation, the museum is still responsible for paying both the on-camera presenter who has reserved the time exclusively for your session and the technician who has made arrangements to provide technical support and production for the videoconference.
- Groups are responsible for dialing into the Cleveland Museum of Art and providing all connection information.
- Information on dialing in to the museum will be provided with registration confirmation.
- Sites can connect to the museum via IP and bridged ISDN calls
- The day of your conference, you may connect with us up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Connecting later than 15 minutes after your start time will result in billing for a missed conference.
There is no charge for test connections; however they must be scheduled in advance. Unscheduled test connections interrupt live videoconferences. Please call 216-707-2468.