About School Tours
About School Tours
Please note that due to the high volume of school visits during the month of May the only available tour topic will be the general introductory tour "Look and Discover."
- The museum offers free, docent-guided class visits to the permanent collection and special exhibitions.
- Curriculum topics addressed in each tour will change based on the curricular needs you communicate when booking your tour. Standards listed under each topic represent possible curriculum connections. Tours are conducted by volunteer docents trained by the Department of Education and Interpretation.
- Kindergarten tours are 45 minutes long, while first grade through adult tours are 60 minutes long.
- An adult chaperone for every 10 students must accompany each group.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and must be booked on line. This also applies to self-guided tours.
- Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Self-guided groups are welcomed to tour beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Backpacks and radios are not permitted in the museum galleries.
- Scavenger hunts and worksheets in the galleries are permitted with advance notice. Only pencils, not pens, may be used in the galleries.
- Homeschool groups: Please select from the following grade level groupings and indicate your selection on your registration form (elementary K–3, middle grades 4–8, or high school 9–12.) Our school tour formats can accommodate a maximum range of 3–4 grade levels at one time.
- Homeschool groups: The maximum number of individuals in one group is 20, including adults and children. Larger groups should book multiple tour slots.
- Please allow at least three weeks advance notice when scheduling your preferred date. Register online at clevelandart.org. For more information, call Thomasine Clark at 216-707-2656.