Parade the Circle Guidelines
The following guidelines must be followed:
- Everyone must be in costume, including parents and staff accompanying children.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by someone older.
- All entries must be handmade and people powered. Motorized vehicles (other than wheelchairs) and live animals (other than working animals) are not permitted.
- No written words are allowed.
- Entries should not propagandize a particular political or religious belief.
- No distribution of leaflets or flyers during the parade or along the parade route.
- Entries and costumes must be non-commercial. No identifiable logos are allowed.
- No T-shirts with words, registered trademarks, logos, or cartoon characters may be worn.
- Uniforms representing organized teams, troops, school, or civic organizations may not be worn.
- All parade participants participate at their own risk. Written waivers are required for all stilters, rollerbladers, cyclists, anyone carrying a giant puppet, anyone riding on a float, and anyone using a wheelchair.