Lessons are available Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Presentations range from 40–60 minutes, depending on your class period. Lessons are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Complete the online registration form , providing all requested information. An email acknowledgement will be sent to you within 5–7 business days.
Once your program is confirmed, a Teacher Information Packet will be sent to help your class prepare for the videoconference. (Many of the Teacher Information Packets can be downloaded anytime from our website, but select packets must be mailed.)
Options for connecting with the Cleveland Museum of Art:
- Connect with the CMA via IP through your facility’s H.323 telepresence system.
- Connect with the CMA through Zoom, a web-based virtual platform. This requires a computer with a reliable internet connection, webcam, microphone, speakers and the ability to project computer screen in classroom.
- Test calls with the museum are strongly recommended employing the equipment you will be using the day of the videoconference. Please call 216 707-2468 to schedule your free test call.
Distance Learning Pricing: Effective 9/1/2016
- Schools, 1 lesson: $145
- Schools, 6 or more lessons: $130 per lesson
- Adult groups: $130 per lesson
- Kindergarten groups: $85 per lesson
- Subsidized price: $35 per lesson. We are also increasing our subsidies to maintain this low price for under-served schools.
- Foreign Language or other special presenter lesson: $175
- Multi-points: $75 per each extra site
We have some scholarships available for low-wealth school districts. If 30% (or more) of your students receive free or reduced lunches, please contact us for more information on the scholarship policy. You can reach Dale Hilton at 216-707-2491, or dhilton [at] clevelandart.org.
- Once the online registration form is fully completed, an email confirmation will be sent within 7–10 business days.
- Payment is due in full within 30 days of receiving the invoice. Invoices are sent upon program completion.
- Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and US $ denominated checks accepted.
- Payment should be made out and returned to: The Cleveland Museum of Art, Distance Learning, 11150 East Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106
- Include your museum invoice number with all payments.
Groups canceling 48 hours in advance or due to school closings may reschedule programs at no additional cost. There are no refunds on scheduled programs. All rescheduling is subject to availability. For cancellations, please call 216-707-2688.
Charges apply for videoconferences missed for the following reasons:
- Failure to provide at least 48 hours notice of a cancellation
- Connecting later than 15 minutes after scheduled start time
- Technical or administrative problems on the clients end that prevent transmission of the videoconference
- In the event of weather related closings, if client does not reschedule a make-up session by the end of the school year. Following up on this matter is the responsibility of the school or group, and not the museum.
- Please be aware that when there is a sudden cancellation, the museum is still responsible for paying both the on-camera presenter who has reserved the time exclusively for your session and the technician who has made arrangements to provide technical support and production for the videoconference.
- Groups are responsible for dialing into the Cleveland Museum of Art and providing all connection information.
- Information on dialing in to the museum will be provided with registration confirmation.
- Sites can connect to the museum via IP or through Zoom, a web-based virtual platform.
- The day of your conference, you may connect with us up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Connecting later than 15 minutes after your start time will result in billing for a missed conference.
There is no charge for test connections; however they must be scheduled in advance. Unscheduled test connections interrupt live videoconferences. Please call 216-707-2468.