The Cleveland Museum of Art is excited to present Provenance, Provenance Café, and Catering by Provenance, a three-pronged dining concept created through an ongoing partnership between the museum, Bon Appétit Management Company, and celebrated chef Douglas Katz.
Provenance is a 76-seat fine dining restaurant and lounge that features locally sourced and globally inspired cuisine and a prix fixe menu that complements current museum exhibitions.
- Brunch service is available Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lunch service is available Tuesday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dinner service is available Wednesday and Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. Last seating occurs at 8 p.m.
- A light bar menu is served until 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday only.
- On Easter (April 5) and Mother's Day (May 10), Provenance will have extended brunch hours from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Holiday brunches include choice of entrée, first course chef’s table, fresh chilled juices, and premium coffees and teas for $28. In addition, the brunch menu will include new items such as fried eggs with grilled local merguez sausage and house-made buttermilk biscuits with country gravy.
Reservations for brunch, lunch, and dinner can be made by calling (216) 707-2600 during business hours or online.
A light bar menu is available in the lounge on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and on Wednesday and Friday from 3 to 9 p.m.
Provenance Café offers lunch, dinner, and snack options with an open kitchen concept where patrons can watch as chefs create their dishes. Open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Catering by Provenance offers best-in-class catering services for the Cleveland Museum of Art’s unique and breathtaking venues.
The name “Provenance” was inspired by the same term, which is derived from the French “provenir,” meaning “to come from.” The word provenance often refers to the chronology of ownership of a historical object or work of art. It also can be used when describing the origin of food, particularly food from local sources. Provenance, Provenance Café, and Catering by Provenance marry the concept of locally sourced foods with the lineages of nearly 45,000 objects in the Cleveland Museum of Art’s collection.
An international advocate of sustainable food systems that use healthy and local ingredients, Chef Douglas Katz is the creative mind behind the menus offered at Provenance, Provenance Café, and Catering by Provenance. Get to know a little more about Doug and his life outside of the kitchen.
With more than ten years of experience in the catering and hospitality industries, Sherri Schultz believes there’s nothing more satisfying than helping people create memories. Get to know more about Sherri and her passion for event planning and all the fine details.