American Sign Language Tours
CMA staff–led tours are interpreted by students in the American Sign Language / English Interpreting Program at Kent State University. Free and open to all.
- Thursday, December 20, 2:00 p.m. Happiness
- Thursday, January 24, 2:00 p.m. Frozen
- Saturday, January 26, 2:00 p.m. Nocturne
- Friday, February 22, 2:00 p.m. George Washington and Early American Art
- Sunday, February 24, 2:00 p.m. Face to Face: Portraiture
- Friday, March 15, 2:00 p.m. Impressive Impressionism
- Sunday, March 17, 2:00 p.m. Gender
- Thursday, April 25, 2:00 p.m. Melt
- Saturday, April 27, 2:00 p.m. The Artist’s Garden
Memory Support Program: Art in the Afternoon
Meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 1:15 p.m. In partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, the CMA provides specialized gallery tours for those with memory loss and one caregiver designed to lift the spirit, engage the mind, and provide a relaxing and enjoyable social experience. Specially trained docents are sensitive to the interests and abilities of all visitors and encourage conversation, sharing memories, and art enjoyment. Preregistration required; call the Alzheimer’s Association Cleveland Area Chapter at 216-342-5607. Preregistration required.
Art Café at CMA
Second Tuesday of the month, 2:00–4:00 p.m. Art gallery tour and informal discussion opportunities for caregivers/former caregivers. If you’ve cared for someone close to you who has needed memory support services, enjoy this special time just for you. A guided gallery tour during the first hour is followed by a chance to connect with fellow participants during a Dutch-treat visit to the CMA café. Register through the ticket center at 216-421-7350. Preregistration required.
Visitors with vision impairments may register for special tours with advance notice. These tours are available to visitors of all ages, individually or in groups. Contact access [at] clevelandart.org. Please allow a minimum of four weeks’ notice.
Please contact access [at] clevelandart.org for additional information, or if you have questions, need assistance, or need an accommodation not mentioned above.