Join us this April as we celebrate the natural world with this Earth Day–inspired event. Play Days at the CMA are opportunities for the whole family to be creative, be curious, and connect through art.
This spring’s program focuses on the different ways artists are inspired by nature in their work, including the tools and materials they use, the subjects they explore, and the objects they create. Go on a nature adventure through the museum’s permanent collection to see what plants and animals you can discover. The afternoon includes art-making activities, music, games, and more.
The event features the following activities:
- Zoom in on real art objects with microscopes from the CMA’s objects conservation lab
- Explore objects hands on with artworks from the CMA’s education art collection
- Visit Artist in the Atrium: Papermaking with Plants with artist J. Leigh Garcia
- Participate in a writing activity with Lake Erie Ink
- Learn about local dye plants and create seed bombs with featured artist Maggie Latham
- Try screenprinting with the CMA’s TeenCo Lab teens
- Contribute to a giant nature-inspired community artwork
- Play with music, games, and more!