Donors who choose to support the Annual Fund have an immediate and meaningful impact on the day-to-day operations of the museum. These gifts touch every facet of the institution, from the upkeep and maintenance of galleries and public spaces, to the community and education programs that inspire hundreds of thousands each year.
Gifts to the Annual Fund are fully tax deductible and support essential operations that enable the museum to deploy funds responsibly where they are needed most.
With your support each year, the museum is able to:
- Offer school tours to 33,000 children
- Produce a variety of on and off-site educational programs for more than 400,000 participants
- Entertain more than 117,515 attendees at museum festivals (Parade the Circle, Chalk Festival, International Cleveland Community Day, Centennial Weekend, and Winter Lights Lantern Festival)
- Present 16 special exhibitions a year
- Spark creativity in 18,000 budding artists at Chalk Festival
- Engage 10,650 attendees during live performances
- Provide free admission for more than 700,000 museum visitors
By making a gift to the Annual Fund, you are not only supporting the core activities of the museum, but you are also furthering its mission and facilitating its future.
Gifts of $500 or more are recognized in the philanthropy issue of Cleveland Art, the museum’s members’ magazine, and the digital donor wall.
If you are considering a gift of $250 or more, you may wish to participate in the Circles program.
As always, thank you for your support of the Cleveland Museum of Art.
There are many ways to support the museum. Several options are outlined below. If you have questions about how to make your gift, please contact the Office of Annual Giving at 216-707-6832. Thank you so much for your support!
Gifts of Cash via Check or Credit Card
Office of Annual Giving
The Cleveland Museum of Art
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Call the Office of Annual Giving at 216-707-6832.
On the Web
Gifts of Stock
The Office of Annual Giving can work with your broker to arrange a gift of stock, which may allow you to avoid capital gains tax.
Direct Transfer though an IRA
Donors 70 1/2 or older can make a gift directly from an IRA due to the permanent extension of the IRA charitable rollover provision.
Gifts through a Charitable Trust, Foundation, or Donor-Advised Fund
Donors may make a donation through a charitable trust, foundation, or donor-advised fund.