About Gallery Explorations
- COVID-19 Update: Due to ongoing complications related to the COVID-19 pandemic, on-site guided school tours are unavailable at this time. We welcome you to register for a virtual learning session instead.
COVID-19 Guidelines: To maintain the health and safety of our staff and visitors, students are required to wear masks during their visit. For the time being, groups are limited to 12 students. Classes larger than 12 students will be required to split up.
- Tours are conducted by CMA gallery teachers and volunteer docents. Learn more about available topics.
- We strive to provide strong connections to your classroom curriculum. Please note that you may not be able to visit the works of art you’ve used in your classroom; docents and staff will try to incorporate requested works or similar ones on the guided tour. You are welcome to book a self-guided tour following your guided tour to visit artworks on your own.
- Customized tours led by staff members can be booked for an additional fee pending scheduling availability.
- Gallery Explorations are free of charge. To help the museum support its education programs, schools will receive an invoice with a $5 per student suggested donation. Any donation you contribute helps to ensure equitable learning opportunities for all.
- An adult chaperone for every 10 students must accompany each group.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and must be booked online. This also applies to self-guided tours.
- Tours are scheduled from Tuesday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Self-guided groups are welcome to schedule tours in the permanent collection and ARTLENS Gallery beginning at 10:15 a.m.
- Only pencils, not pens, may be used in the galleries.
- Backpacks and radios are not permitted in the galleries.
- Please note that lunch spaces at the museum are currently unavailable.
- To help prepare your students for their upcoming visit, please view A Visit to the Museum, a social story and guide.
- Please allow at least four weeks’ notice when scheduling your preferred date through the online registration form. For more information, please email SchoolPrograms [at] clevelandart.org.