The Cleveland Museum of Art is a content provider through the Microsoft program, Flipgrid. Flipgrid is a simple, free, and accessible video discussion experience used by millions of PreK to PhD learners, educators and families around the world. Explore CMA objects through activity prompts and peer discussion.
View all of our topics on CMA’s content partner page (no Flipgrid account required) or choose from selected topics linked below. Please note, you will need to log into a Flipgrid accout to access the individual topics below. To create a new free account, sign up on Flipgrid's website.
- 5,4,3,2,1- Grounding Through Art: Use your senses to explore an artwork and calm your mind and body.
- Hobbies in Ancient Egypt: Discover one way ancient Egyptians had fun and reflect on hobbies that are important to you.
- Telling Stories: What’s happening in this story? What do you think happens next?
Middle School Topics
- Create a Self-Portrait: Symbols: Make a self-portrait including clues that tell us about you!
- Explore a Medieval Table Fountain: How do you think this object might have been used? (Think about evidence to support your idea based on what you see!)
- Meditation Moment: Practice doing a body scan to help your body calm down, like the figure in this work of art.
High School Topics
- How Much Does Context Matter?: In museums, we often see objects outside of their original context. In your opinion, how important is it to know the original context in order to appreciate the art?
- Make a Connection: Explore an ancestral portrait and consider family and friends to whom you feel most connected.
- Personal Space: Peek into a room of a teen in Lebanon and think about where and when you need personal space!
All education programs at the Cleveland Museum of Art are underwritten by the CMA Fund for Education. Major annual support is provided by the Womens Council of the Cleveland Museum of Art. Generous annual support is provided by Brenda and Marshall Brown, Florence Kahane Goodman, Eva and Rudolf Linnebach, and the Kelvin and Eleanor Smith Foundation. Additional annual support is provided by Gail Bowen in memory of Richard L. Bowen, the M. E. and F. J. Callahan Foundation, Mr. and Mrs. Walter R. Chapman Jr., Char and Chuck Fowler, the Giant Eagle Foundation, the Logsdon Family Fund for Education, Roy Smith, and the Trilling Family Foundation.