Explore CMA objects in your virtual Seesaw classroom. Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio that houses activities, assignments, and more. Templates provide guiding questions and activities to help students engage with CMA art objects.
To save the templates below, please log into your Seesaw account or create a new one for free on Seesaw's website.
Preschool and Kindergarten Topics
- Let’s Explore: Lines – Discover how an artist uses different lines and then create an artwork using lines.
- Let’s Explore: Shapes – Find different shapes and make a creation with squares, circles, and more.
- Let’s Explore: Feelings – See how artists show feelings through pictures and explore those feelings through posing like the people in the picture.
- Let’s Try: Using our Senses – Explore an artwork by using your senses! This technique can help students refocus when emotions take over.
- Let’s Try: Bumblebee Breathing – Practice bumblebee breathing while looking at an artwork. This technique can be used when students feel overwhelmed.
1st–3rd Grade Topics
- Make a Coat of Arms: Look closely at the suit of armor and create a personal coat of arms.
- Hobbies in Ancient Egypt: Discover one way ancient Egyptians had fun and reflect on hobbies that are important to you.
- Clothing and Special Occasions: Explore a robe used for a very special occasion and think about the clothing we wear today.
- Write a Postcard from Monet’s Garden: Describe Monet’s Waterlilies in an imaginary postcard and reflect about your favorite places.
- 54321 Grounding: Use your senses to explore an artwork and calm your mind and body.