- Please check all bags, backpacks, and briefcases 13 x 17 x 6 inches or larger, umbrellas, and other bulky items. All items are subject to inspection, and the museum reserves the right to decide what should be checked. Nothing is permitted to be carried on one’s back.
- The Cleveland Museum of Art prohibits any person carrying a concealed handgun or other deadly weapon onto these premises. No person shall knowingly possess, have under their control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance on these premises. O.R.C. 2923.126(C)(3)
- To ensure safety for all, visitors must pass through metal detectors at the entrance of the building. Persons refusing a security screening will be denied entry into the museum.
- The Cleveland Museum of Art prohibits the solicitation, distribution, and posting of materials on CMA property.
- The CMA strives to provide an excellent experience for visitors of all ages. To ensure a safe and comfortable experience for all visitors, we do not allow nudity or attire that is too revealing. The CMA does not allow clothing with profanity or images/text that promote violence. All visitors must wear appropriate footwear while in the museum.
- Children 14 years of age and younger should be under adult supervision.
- Service animals accompanying disabled individuals are welcome.
- Smoking, including electronic smoking, is not permitted in the museum or on its grounds.
- Food and beverages cannot be brought into the museum. Food, beverages, and gum chewing are not permitted in the galleries, library, auditorium, or lecture halls.
- Wheelchairs are welcome. Strollers are welcome unless otherwise noted in certain special exhibitions. Wagons are not permitted.
- Please do not touch the artworks, frames, bases, or protective coverings.
- Maintain a safe distance from all paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts. A two-foot distance is recommended. An alarm may sound as a reminder. Refrain from gesturing near the artwork.
- Refrain from running, yelling, or disruptive behavior.
- Courtesy to others should be exercised when using cell phones in gallery spaces.
- Use of pencils is permitted in the galleries. Pens, markers, paint, charcoal, or pastels are not permitted.
- Wedding parties, engagement couples, prom groups, families, etc., looking to take quick snapshots are permitted only on the museum’s grounds or on the first floor of the Ames Family Atrium.
- Regarding photo shoots, flowers are permitted only on the museum’s grounds or on the first floor of the Ames Family Atrium.
- Use of flashlights or laser pointers is not permitted.
- On-site visitors to the Cleveland Museum of Art are permitted to capture still and moving images and make three-dimensional (3-D) models—“capture media”—of public-domain artworks in the publicly displayed collections of the CMA. Only the use of point-and-shoot cameras, phones, and handheld equipment is permitted, provided there is no disruption to museum operations or guest accessibility. Permitted uses of the capture media for public-domain artworks in the CMA’s collections include commercial and noncommercial purposes. The use of flash, tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, additional lighting, or large, multicomponent, non-handheld equipment is not permitted. The CMA waives any rights to media created by users capturing public-domain artworks in its collections.
- Certain works of art, as well as images of those works of art, may be protected by copyright, trademark, or related interests not owned by the CMA. Permissions must be secured from any third-party rights holders. The responsibility for ascertaining the copyright status of a work, whether any such rights exist, and for obtaining all other necessary permissions remains solely with the user, and the CMA will have no responsibility in connection with securing such necessary rights as they pertain to the visitor’s on-site media-capture activities.
- Other media-capture activities are restricted to private and noncommercial purposes. Send media inquiries and requests for professional media capture to email@example.com.
- A $2 per ticket fee applies to paid events for orders placed online or over the phone by non-members.
- Separate emails for order confirmations and e-ticket are generated from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to add this address to your email client’s address book to ensure timely and proper delivery to you.
- Tickets issued by the Cleveland Museum of Art must not be resold on or off the premises of the Cleveland Museum of Art (“the museum”), except by authorized agents or museum ticket office staff. This ticket has no cash resale value and is void if transferred, resold, or bartered. The holder assumes all risks and damages incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the same.
Limitation of Liability, Disclaimers, and Waivers
You acknowledge that CMA, its trustees, officers, employees and agents (CMA parties), will rely on the foregoing terms and conditions as well as those posted on museum premises and websites and tickets, including, but not limited to, those relating to Covid-19, potentially at substantial cost to them, and you hereby waive, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the right to assert any claim, whether sounding in negligence, gross negligence, contract or quasi contract, against any CMA party relating to the exercise of the rights and permissions granted hereunder or thereunder. You further agree to indemnify and hold the CMA parties harmless from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or related to any (a) content you capture, post, store, or otherwise transmit on any platform or (b) your failure to abide by the terms and conditions set forth above or posted on museum premises or other websites or tickets.
The Cleveland Museum of Art appreciates your cooperation.