Watercolor Stained-Glass Painting Supply List
Watercolor Stained-Glass Painting
Instructor: Nancy Notarianni
Date: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Time: 6:00–8:00 p.m.
Location: Zoom Meeting
Below is a list of suggested materials for purchase. If you already have individual items on this list, please do not feel obligated to repurchase them. You are responsible for purchasing in advance so that supplies arrive in time for the program. If you have questions about purchasing new supplies or using existing supplies, please contact Nancy Notarianni at nnotari [at] sbcglobal.net.
- Watercolor paint tube colors: red, blue, yellow (any medium red, blue, yellow). All colors can be mixed from those three primary colors. Recommended brands: Winsor & Newton Cotman Series, Regular Winsor & Newton, or QoR watercolor tube paint. Not recommended: Craft store’s brand paint or Reeves paint.
- Some type of palette for mixing paint. It can be a white, coated paper plate or any type of palette that has areas for mixing. It is important that it is a white surface.
- Watercolor paintbrush. Recommended: Round, watercolor brush, size #10 or higher. Can be synthetic. Silver Brush Black Velvet brushes are excellent.
- Small, round watercolor brush for details.
- Watercolor paper. Recommended: 140lb., cold-press watercolor paper. No smaller than 11″ × 14″. Arches is an excellent paper. One 22″ × 30″ sheet cut into four will work great. Strathmore 400 watercolor pad paper works fine.
- Foam core board or any board to attach your paper
- Masking tape/painters’ tape to attach paper to board
- Paper towels
- Container(s) for water
- Clothes that can get paint on them (Note: some watercolor does not wash out easily)
If you have any additional questions, please email familyyouthinfo [at] clevelandart.org or call 216-707-2643.