Part of a set. See all set records
Fritware with underglaze-painted design
Gift of the John Huntington Art and Polytechnic Trust 1915.651
Iznik was the town which manufactured tiles for imperial buildings of the Ottoman sultans.
These four square tiles are each adorned with a floral spray of tulips, carnations, and a large hybrid palmette, set inside a twelve-lobed circular medallion. It is surrounded by an eight-pointed star made of pairs of wavy lines. Where the four tiles are joined, another complete medallion with a floral motif and a cobalt blue center is formed.
The information about this object, including provenance, may not be currently accurate. If you notice a mistake or have additional information about this object, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request more information about this object, study images, or bibliography, contact the Ingalls Library Reference Desk.
All images and data available through Open Access can be downloaded for free. For images not available through Open Access, a detail image, or any image with a color bar, request a digital file from Image Services.